Tuesday, February 07, 2012

envelope corners…

It was my turn to put together a little tutorial for the Doodlebug Blog today.  I decided to make some more of these fun little envelope corner bookmarks.  I love the envelopes that are a part of the Create-A-Card series, but I don’t always use them for my cards (sometimes my cards are too bulky, or sometimes I just don’t tuck the card inside an envelope) – this is a great way to use the colorful envelopes I have left after the card has been given away.

step5a

Here’s what you’ll need for this project:

bookmark_supplies

1. An envelope for each bookmark (it may be possible to make 2 bookmarks from a single envelope, depending on the size)

2. Patterned paper

3. Border stickers

4. Letter stickers

5. Other stickers and/or embellishments

Here’s how to create your bookmark:

Step 1: Decide on the size you’d like to make your bookmark.

step1a

Mark the size on both edges of the envelope you’ll be cutting. I marked mine at 3 inches.

step1b

Cut the corner (triangle shape) off the envelope

step1c

Step 2: Measure a piece of patterned paper to cover the envelope corner.

step2a

My paper is marked at cut at 2 ¾ inches. I wanted the pink envelope to show around the edges of the patterned paper.

step2bstep2cstep2d

Step 3: Add a border sticker strip along the bottom. Trim off the excess.

step3

If some of the sticky back is exposed, rub it lightly with baby powder to eliminate the stickiness.

step3a

Step 4: Embellish the bookmark.

step4a

You can use stickers, patterned papers, rub-ons, letters, etc.

step4b

But remember – it’s important to keep the embellishments flat. You don’t want to damage a book with heavy or bulky embellishments – save those for another fun project!

step4c

I added a die-cut speech bubble, some letter stickers, and heart stickers to my bookmark.

Step 5: Place the bookmark on the corner of a page to save the place!

step5astep5b

You can see (and purchase) the supplies I used for this project by clicking HERE!

6 comments:

  1. Creative and super cute! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, this is adorable! Thanks for sharing the idea, I'm totally going to steal it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! I think I might be making these as gifts. Thanks Wendy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling idea!!! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete